Resorts in Spain Information on Spanish resorts
Hotels, apartments and villas, and flights to Spain
This site provides tourists to Spain with useful information to help them enjoy there vacation to this popular holiday country. Whether you require a City break or holiday, or require a holiday on one of the Costa's or on one of the Spanish Islands such as the Balearics or Canaries we provide the info you require.
The site is being enlarged all the time and because it is new there may be gaps still to be filled.
We hope to provide all our visitors from the UK with easy methods of booking your holiday requirements. These will include holidays provided by the UK's Top Holiday providers
Information is provided on the major resorts in Spain. Includes the mainland Spanish Costa's, popular tourist cities. the Balearic islands and the Canary Island.
Getting to Spain
The most popular way of getting to Spain is by air. To help you with this we give information about Flights to spain , airlines that fly to Spain, and information about Spanish and British airports. The easiest way is to book a package holiday
- Package Holidays. Please note that most of the following offer a reduction in price for booking online.
- Thomson Holidays
- Holidays by expedia
- Thomas Cook
The advantage of a package holiday is that all your travel requirements are taken care of by the travel operator. These usually include
transfer from the Spanish airport to your hotel, apartment or villa. You have additional safeguards, compared to the independent traveler, if there are
delays or cancellations with flights.
Disadvantage of a package tour Transfers take a much longer time, than grabbing a taxi. Limited flexibility
- Independent traveler
The advantage of the Independent traveler is flexibility, e.g. you can visit several resorts. Regular Independent traveler say Independent
holidays are cheaper than a package deal. Ideal for touring with your own car or car hire from a Spanish airport.
Disadvantage: Flight delays or cancellations can upset your hotel booking dates, the use of public transport buses and trains in Spain. You may also have to pay for hotel rooms at the UK airport as well as the already booked hotel room in Spain. More time is required to book your separate accommodation and travel requirements. Ensure you have adequate travel insurance for any delays and other problems.
P&O runs Ferries to Bilbao in Spain, and across the channel if you want to drive down through France
- eurostar You or you and your car can travel to the continent via the eurostar train from London or Ashford to either Paris, Brussels, Lille, Avignon,
Calais, Disneyland Resort Paris and the French Alps.
- Avignon in southern France is the nearest to Spain
- Passenger Connections are available to Spain from French railway stations See Raileurope
Getting to a UK airport and travel services
- Coach travel National express
- Rail Tickets
- Car Hire Rent your car from the top european Car hire firms including
Holiday autos , travel4less
- Airport parking in UK.
- Travel insurance
Traveling In Spain or the continent
Additional information is available on our Resort pages
Accommodation: Hotels, apartments and villas in Spain
Barcelona ideal for a City break
The main and official language is Castilian known around the World as Spanish
- In some areas the local languages are more popular, and are also official for the autonomous region. These include:
- Euskera also known as Basque in the Pais Vasco and Navarra areas of North Central Spain
- Gallego in the Galicia region North East Spain. Very similar to Castilian
- Catalan in the Cataluna, Barcelona, Balearic Islands and a slightly different version in Valencia, and some areas of Aragon and Murcia
- English is widely spoken in the main tourist resorts in tourist hotels, bars and shops.
The use of more than 1 "Spanish language" can result in place names and street names having different spellings on maps and street signs.
Spanish pronunciations are different from English pronunciations. When using public transport write down your destination and show when purchasing tickets.
Telephones in Spain
To the UK:
Dialling code from Spain to the UK +44, followed by the local dialling code without 0, then the subscriber's number.
From the UK:
Dialling code to Spain +34, followed by the subscriber's number