Marbella Tourist information & resort guide
Marbella as from the 1960's enjoyed more elegant visitors, gaining a reputation as the smartest resort on the Costa del Sol. This has been promoted by the local authorities and there are more top quality cars per head of population than anywhere in Europe, In the long run this means that the resort is more expensive to either live in or visit than other resorts on the Costa del Sol, and is a jet set resort.
Marbella boasts a Millionaires mile where the rich & famous have there holiday homes.
Marbella's stretch of coast is called the Golden Mile
Fabulous beaches, magnificent church, beautiful seafront and a vast array of restaurants, cafes, bar , pubs, nightclubs and alway popular Spanish tapas bars Marbella has it all.
- Located on the Costa del Sol in Andalusia, roughly half way between Malaga 56km to the east & Gibraltar to the south west
Approximate package holiday coach transfer time 1 hour 30 minutes
The castle was built from the stone of the older Roman town of in the same location, and noticeable Roman architecture such as pieces of pillars can be seen in the walls.
Originally the castle was built in the 10th century by the an Arab Caliph as a 90 x 160 metre rectangle.
In the 14th century the castle was enlarged and the surrounding walled town covered an area of 90,000 square metres.
The Moors changed the towns name from Salduba (Salt City) to Marbil La and after it's fall to the Spanish Christian army in 1845 the name changed to Marbella
The walls & castle are the only remains of the Muslim town.
See Arab Castle location on our Marbella Map
- Built in the 4th century by Visigoth's is a Paleochristian church
- Bus route 45
- Address: Urbanizacion Linda Vista Baja, San Pedro de Alcantara, Marbella, 29600
The Museo del Bonsai contains a large & beautiful collection of fabulously groomed miniature trees some of which are quite large bonsai trees. There are also rock plantings and a landscaped oriental feel.
Some of the trees are naturally dwarfed by the conditions in the Spanish mountains.
Open daily 10:00 to 13:00 and 16:00 to 19:00.
Located in the vast Parque Arroyo de la Represa,
See Bonsai Tree Museum location on our Marbella Map
- A round watchtower Located on the coast half way between Marbella & Estapona in San Pedro de Alcantara, Marbella, 29678
See Bovedas Watch Tower location on our Marbella Map
- A square watchtower Located on the coast 40 metres from Plaza Beach and 150 metres east of Puerto Banus marina
- The tower was originally built around the 10th century by the Moors and later rebuilt in the 16th century by the Christians for coastal defence mainly against Barbary pirates.
See Del Duque Watch Tower location on our Marbella Map
Fort of San Luis (Fuerte de San Luis de Marbella)
The fortress was built in 1554 by Charles V.
Within the fort are:
- Church of the Holy Christ of the True Cross (Iglesia del Santo Cristo de la Vera Cruz)
- Calvary Chapel (Ermita del Calvario)
- Probably the best bullring on the Costa del Sol with bull fights every Sunday evening. It is also used for other events such as concerts, theatrical shows and anything that requires a large audience.
- The Plaza de Toros de Marbella has a capacity for 9500 people and opened in 1964.
- The bullring is open from 10 am to 2 pm for sightseeing.
Address Plaza de Toros de Marbella, C/ Salduba, s/n, Marbella (29603) Malaga
Located at Av. de la Reina Victoria with the junction of Calle Felipe II on google maps
See Bull Ring location on our Marbella Map
- Roman baths remains
- Bus route 45
- A beautiful park a few minutes walk from the sea front
- Address:Avenida de La Fontanilla, s/n, Marbella, 29600
See Auditorio de la Constitucion location on our Marbella Map
Old Roman Bridge
The bridge was located on the Via Augusta a Roman main road that conected Cadiz to Rome
The Plaza de los Naranjo, Orange Square in English is the main square in the centre of Marbelas Old Town. It is crambed full of restaurants & bar cafes and although overpriced is extremly popular with an enjoyable atmosphere amongs the square's trees.
One of the best times of the year is late on when the orange trees are in full blossom & leven ater on when full as the oranges.
Most of the buildings in Orange Square were built in the 15 & 16th century.
Attractions within Orange Square:
- The Seville Orange Trees, the bitter orange that is used for Marmalade.
- Casa del Corregidor built in 1552, now a restaurant using the same name.. Look at the upper 2 floors, especially the stonework behind the larger balcony & the 4 arched windows on the top floor.
- The Town Hall
- Marbella Official Tourist Information Office. Look above the door to see the Sundial on the wall.
- Centrally in the quare is the bronze bust of King Carlos I.
- Magistrates Court
- Chapel of Santiago
- 16th century Fountain
- Very popular place to be on New Year's Eve
See location of Orange Square on our Marbela Map
- Ruins of an ancient villa built around the 12th century
- Bus route 45
- Address: San Pedro de Alcantara, Marbella, 26678
Marbella has some wonderful sandy beaches that are ideal for either relaxing in the sun or taking up some of the water sports on offer.
Playa El Cable is a popular beach 1,300 metres long and about 100 metres wide next to the harbour wall tapering to nothing as you go eastwards.
Located immediately east of the marina, Puerto Pesquero de Marbella
See El Faro Beach location on our Marbella Map
Located next to the Marina
- A small 300 metres c 30 metre beach that is very popular beach with plenty of facilities
- Protected by breakwaters & the harbour wall
See El Faro Beach location on our Marbella Map
- A sandy beach 700 X 40 metres
Located immediately west of the marina & next to the entrance to the marina, Puerto Pesquero de Marbella
See La Bajadilla Beach location on our Marbella Map
La Fontanilla Beach is a narrower beach, 30 metres wide X 850 metres long
- Playa de la Fontanilla is a more secluded beach of imported sand protected by breakwaters
- A much quieter beach
- Great if you want to get away from the hustle & bustle of a busy beach
El Cable Beach | El Faro Beach
La Bajadilla Beach
La Fontanilla Beach
- Located in the Golden Mile (Milla de Oro) area, and close to the Marbella Club
- A top quality blue flag beach of pale golden sand
- Very popular
- Facilities: Showers, toilets, lifeguards
- Sports: Surfing, pedalo boats
World famous jet setting Nikki Beach has clubs in Miami Beach, FL USA; Saint Tropez, France; Saint Barths, French West Indies; Marbella, Spain; Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; Marrakech, Morocco; Koh Samui, Thailand.
The place to go to be seen or to look at the beautiful & people who want to be seen.
Nikki Beach are much more upmarket than your general beach Chiringuito (a Spanish beach bar), with higher quality furniture, decor & glamorous sexy atmosphere create a magnet for better off clientele.
Season: Last week in April to end of September.
Nikki Beach Location
Nikki Beach is located on the beach at the Playa Hotel Don Carlos, 11 kilometres east of Marbella's centre
Playa Hotel Don Carlos, Carretera de Cadiz Km 192, 29600
Marbella, Malaga, Spain
At Funny beach you will find:
- Beach bar & restaurant with Food & Drinks
- Sun beds
- Fun park for the kids
- Range of Watersports
- Large Car park
Located 1.5 kilometres from central Marbella along the A7 coastal road towards Fuengirola.
See Full details of Marbella's Funny Beach
Marbella Marinas & ports
Marbella marina photographs
Puerto Pesquero de Marbella
- The eastern marina in the centre of Marbella with storage for 600 boats in the size range of 20 100 feet.
- The Marina built 1982
La Bajadilla Marina
- La Bajadilla Marina has berths for nearly 400 boats
Other Marinas in the region
- Cabopina Port has berths for nearly 200 boats & located half way between Marbella & Fuengirola
Jose Banus Marina
- Also called Puerto banus Marina 9km west of Marbella
- Named after the property developer who built this fabulous marina
- Berths for 550 motor boats
Marbella has a rich selection of bars many with exciting nightlife. Our list of great bars, clubs & nightlife is on a seperate page
- You will find a large selection of top boutiques selling all the top end designer named clothes in the narrow Moorish style lanes in the old town
- La Canada Shopping park
A selection of the very wide range of restaurants in Marbella
- Excellent reviews
- One of the best restaurants in Marbella
Located on the main road 100 metres from the sea front between the 2 marinas
Av. Severo Ochoa, 12, Marbella, Spain
Milla de Oro
- Top quality Castilian cuisine Spanish menu
- One of the best restaurants in Marbella for Spanish cuisine
Carretera de Cadiz 178, Marbella, 29660
Taberna del Alabardero
- Another great restaurant
- Overlooking Puerto Banus marina
Muelle Benabola, A 2, Marbella, 29660
Dublin Cafe Bar
- Cafe & bar
Dublin Cafe, C/ Camilo Jose Cela 4, Marbella, 29600
Valentino Ristorante Italian
- With Italian Favourites
Valentino Ristorante Italian, Edif. 2000, Avda el Fuerte, Marbella 4elephone 952 858 775
- International cuisine
Beckitts, C/ Camilo Jose Cela 4, Marbella 4elephone 952 868 898
Sushi Katsura Japanese Restaurant
- Japanese Sushi Restaurant
Sushi Katsura Japanese Restaurant, Edificio Granada, Avda. Ramon Gomez de la Serna 4, 29600 Marbella, Malaga 4elephone 952 863 193
- Seafood & Spanish food
La Madrilena, Paseo Maritimo, Edif. Mediterraneo, Marbella (Near Hotel El Fuerte) 4elephone 952 828 484
Chiringuito Pepe Bar & Restaurants
El Faro beach
- Beach Bar
- Seafood, Spanish Food, Tapas
Chiringuito Pepe, El Faro beach, Marbella
Hard Rock Cafe
Marbella 4 day weather forecast including t Max & Min temperature in Fahrenheit, type of weather, Wind direction and speed in miles per hour.
Click the More >> link, bottom right of forecast for more information:
- Morning, afternoon & evening temperatures
- 7 day forecast
- Next weeks forecast
- Spanish rain map
weather forecast Marbella
Have great fun in this new tree top adventure park, Aventura Amazonia in the Elviria district of Marbella
Safety equipment and safety instruction is provided.
There are various routes that can be explored, from nice & easy for the kids through to high adrenaline producers for the brave that ends with the longest zip slide in Andleucia
- Travel from tree to tree via
- Rope bridges
- Stick bridges with gaps
- Rope bridges with obstacles
- Swing from rope to rope
- Zip lines
- Tree ladders
- Climbing frames
- Scramble net climbs
Most circuits have the very popular zip line suitable for that circuit.
A short circuit of 15 challenges designed for young ones with easy obstacles to negotiate at an average height of 1.7 m
A circuit for young daredevils with 14 challenges at an average height of 3 m
A more challenging circuit of 12 challenges at an average height of 4 m ideal for both young adventurers & adults.
More complex route with 14 challenges at an average height of 6 m ending with a 240 metre zipline ensuring an exhilarating end to the Adventure route.
The most complex of the circuits for serious fearless adventurers. The circuit has an average height of 19m
Age, Height, weight & fitness Limits
Age From 6 to 65 year old
Height Over 1.15 metres
Weight Under 130 kg
Fitness No special degree of physical fitness is required. The circuits are not recommended for people with physical or mental disabilities.
Entrance allows for
3 hours stay that includes
- Safety training
- Safety Equipment harness, double safety anchorage with carabiners & zipline pulleys.
- Repeat use of the circuits
Address: Avenida Valeriano Rodriguez 1, Elviria,Marbella
Destinations from Marbella
Hospital (from the centre)
Local Marbella Bus Services
L1 La Canada Central Marbela Puerto Banus
L2 Las Albarizas Central Marbela Xarblanca
L3 Bus Station Central Marbela La Canada Bus Station
L4 San Pedro El Angel Puerto Banus
L5 El Salto Taquilla Bus Playa Esteban San Mateo
6 Bus Station La Canada Central Marbela
L7 Las Chapas Marbella Central Marbela Bus Station Nagueles
Night Buses Ant. Bomberos Marbella Central Marbela P. Banus S. Pedro Alcantara
Download a bus timetable in PDF format
Marbela Bus Station
Avda. del Trapiche s/n. 29600 Marbella (Malaga)
Useful Telephone Numbers
Marbella Bus Station Tel: 952 76 44 01 Tel: 952 36 01 91
Portillo buses Tel: 902 143 144
Marbella Public Transport Railways
The nearest airport to Marbella is Malaga Airport
use one of the specialised Airport Transfer Companies who transfer between your hotel / Apartment & the Airport
Malaga Airport Marbella Service
Journey Time 45 minutes.
Approximatly an hourly service
Catholic Cathedral is also called in the centre of the old town of Marbella.
Built in the early 17th century with a marvellous Baroque doorway.
The Cathedral had to be restored after the Spanish Civil War.
Plaza de los Naranjos - Orange Square
Plaza de los Naranjos, 1, Marbella, 29601
Orange Square is full of restaurants.
Glorieta de la Fontanilla, Marbella, 29602
Book a Hotel or Holiday With leading UK Tour Operators
First Choice Holidays Winter
14 Countries in Europe.
Suncamp Campsite Holidays in Spain
XXXXN, XXXXL, Spain