Package holidays - General Information
The Package holidays are organised by tour operators and can be purchased at travel agents or online via this web site. Online purchase is usually at a discount price to the same purchase through a travel agent.
Package holidays tour operators insist that all passengers have travel insurance. You may purchase your travel insurance from this site or purchase it from the tour operator. If you go on more than 2 holidays it may be cheaper to buy annual travel insurance.
For UK residents, transport between your home and the Uk airport is not included.
Coach tours may include coach transfers from your home town.
- Flights then transfer to & from your holiday resorts accommodation
- Flights then transfer to & from a cruise ship
- Flights then coach transfer between 1 or more hotels on a coach touring tour. Usually some daily tours are included, additional daily tours may be optioal with extra payment for them
Advantages of a Package holiday to Spain:
- By far the best advantage is the convienience. When you book. you book both a flight, your accommodation and airport transfer to and from your holiday accommodation.
- When you exit customs at your Spanish Airport you are met by the tour operators representative. The larger tour operators may have several representative, who will check your name against their list and direct you to your transport which is usually a coach, or in some circumstances a mini coach or taxi.
- There are no foreign languages problems to encounter, the holiday reps are usually British or fluent English speakers.
Disadvantages of a Package holiday to Spain:
- There is infexibility for the length of your holiday. The tour operators have set lengths of time for there holidays.
- Except for the main destinations. There is infexibility on the start date of the holiday
- Flight times are not as flexible as those on the open market.
Package holiday airport Transfers
If you book a package holiday with a UK tour operator then the package usually includes airport to accommodation transfers, this will be stated by the tour operator.
Some tour operators offer taxi transfer as an extra which gets you to your accommodation much faster.
Advantages of a Package holiday airport Transfers:
- You are met at the airport by the company rep. and directed to your transport which is usually a coach, or in some circumstances a mini coach or taxi. There are no foreign languages problems to encounter.
Disadvantages of a Package holiday airport Transfers:
- You have to wait at the airport until all passengers have collected their baggage, cleared customs and arrived at the coach.
- The coach then drops it's passengers off at the different accommodations. Not a disadvantages if you are staying at the first accommodation, but from then on the disadvantages starts. If you are really unlucky the coach may drop off at different resorts.
Independent Traveler holidays
Advantages of a Independent Traveler holidays to Spain:
- In a word Flexibility
- More flexibility in the length of your holiday
- More flexibility in start day of your holiday
- Flexibility on where you stay, a day or 2 in town 1, a day or 2 in town 2, etc.
- Book your first night then find out the best place to stay when you arrive. Not advised in high season when the resort may be full.
Disadvantages of a Independent Traveler holidays to Spain:
- If you do not speak Spanish you may have languags problems. Although English is widely spoken in resorts popular with British tourists.
- You are on your own, no local tour operator rep to help you
- You have more difficulties if flights are delayed.